Instructions for adding a side ad.
Please note:These instructions are for advertisers creating side ads. If you are a tutor and would like a tutor listing, please see the tutors page for information.
Detailed information on how to advertise on findAtutor.ca:
1. Create an account.
- Click on "my account" in the menu above, and select "create new account."
- Choose an account name (can be anything, doesn't have to be your name).
- You must provide a valid e-mail address.
- Read through the terms and conditions and check the "agree" box, and click on the "submit" button.
- Check your e-mail for the account verification message. If you do not see the message within a few minute, check your spam/junk mail folder, especially if you are using Hotmail. Update your spam filters to accept messages from findAtutor.ca to ensure you receive future messages.
- Login to your account (if not already logged in) and click on "my account" at the left side of the screen.
- Click on the tab labelled "my ads." Click on "create a new ad."
- Fill in the form. Take your time to read the description for each field and place the appropriate information in each field. Especially note the length of the description field.
- Click on "submit" when you are finished.
- If you would like to have more than one ad, you may create more now. Follow the steps above for as many ads as you would like.
- Click on "my account" again, then on the tab labelled "my orders." Go to the bottom of the page and
click on "create a new order."
- Select the amount of bidding credits you want for your ad and click on "submit." Note that bidding credits are purchased separately for different ads, and are non-transferable between ads.
- Chose your payment option: Credit card using PayPal, or mailing in a cheque (mailing information is on the order form).
- You will be e-mailed a link to your receipt.
- Login to findAtutor.ca and click on "my account" in the menu on the left side of the screen.
- Scroll down to your ad. Enter a daily bid into the "PPD" field and click on the "submit" button. Note that the minimum bid is 25.
- You can see your remaining bidding credit balance beside your side ad.
- To disable your side ad, enter 0 (zero) in the "PPD" field and click "submit."
- You can change your bid whenever and however many times you want.
- Enjoy using our services!