How to create a session.
Are you a tutor that does on-line tutoring? If you are interested in hosting group tutoring sessions, here are detailed instructions on how to create a session on findAtutor.ca:
1. Create a tutor listing.
- You must have a tutor listing in order to create a session. See the page for tutors for instructions for adding a tutor listing if you don't already have one.
2. Create a new session.
- Login to your account (if not already logged in) and click on "my account" in the menu near the top of the screen.
- Click on the tab labelled "my sessions."
- Click on the link "create a new session."
- Fill in the form. Make sure to fill in all the fields. Note that this is for registration/scheduling puposes only, you are required to provide your own technology for the on-line session itself. Note that you will be able to edit the session later if you need to make changes or add additional information.
3. Wait for your session to be reviewed and approved by the administrator.
- Certain sessions will be reviewed by an admistrator before made available for students to register. You will be notified by e-mail once it's approved.
4. Prepare for your session.
- Put the session you've set-up in your calendar.
- Make sure you've set up what is required in the software you use for on-line tutoring.
- Registration closes approximately 4 hours before the session starts. You will be e-mailed a list of registrants.
- Update any information/link for the upcoming on-line session in the "Starting e-mail text" of your session on findAtutor.ca. IMPORANT! You (the tutor) are resposible to ensure the information and link provided is accurate. The final e-mail will be sent to registrants aproximately 2 hours prior to the session.
5. Recieve feedback.
- Registrants are encouraged to submit feedback. Any feedback will be e-mailed directly to you. Read it to help improve your future sessions.