How to register for a session.
If you are a student (or a parent), here are detailed instructions on how to register for a session on findAtutor.ca:
Create an account.
- Click on "my account" in the menu above, and select "create new account".
- Choose an account name (can be anything, doesn't have to be your name).
- You must provide a valid e-mail address. Also enter a “preferred name” that you will be referred to in e-mail communications and provided to the tutor.
- Read through the terms and conditions and check the "agree" box, and click on the "create new account" button.
- Check your e-mail for the account verification message. If you do not see the message within a few minute, check your spam/junk mail folder. Update your spam filters to accept messages from findAtutor.ca to ensure you receive future messages.
Search for a session.
- Click on the “sessions” menu. Selecting either the list of “upcoming sessions” or the “sessions calendar”.
- Refine your search by grade, subject and province as desired.
Register for a session.
- Click on the session title (in calendar view) or the “read more” link (in upcoming sessions) to see more information about the tutor hosting the session and to access the registration form.
- Enter anything you want the tutor to know in the “student request” field. You can also upload a document that will be sent to the tutor. Remember you MUST tell the tutor if the questions you have will be handed in for marks.
- Click on “Save Registration” button to finalize your registration.
Prepare for your session.
- You will be sent a confirmation e-mail of your registration. Make sure you put it in your calendar.
- Follow any special instructions provided by the tutor in the confirmation e-mail to make sure you will be able to join them on-line at the designated time. (Note it is the tutor’s responsibility to provide the technology you will be using, so contact the tutor if you require assistance).
- You will be sent a reminder e-mail approximately 2 hours before the session starts. Again, follow any special instructions the tutor asks and be set up and ready to go before the session starts.
Provide feedback. (optional)
- You will be sent a follow up e-mail after the session ends. You can enter feedback to the tutor about the session you just had. Remember to be constructive and respectful.
- You can provide feedback to findAtutor.ca about the registration system and sessions in general as well. Note that the submitted feedback is not monitored regularly, but will be reviewed occasionally to make updates and improvements on the system in the future. For serious concerns please contact the administrator.